It is vital to keep you car’s air-conditioning system in optimum shape, for the sake of comfort above all, of course, but also for safe driving, since it has a positive effect on the driver’s reactivity.
WHEN SHOULD I RECHARGE MY CAR’S AIR-CONDITIONING?
In general, you should do a quick check every year, and a complete overhaul every two years, including regassing the air-conditioning circuit. Car Manufacturers recommend you recharge your Air Conditioning every 2 years at least by yearly is beneficial
Also, whenever you detect an unusual smell when using the system, if fuel consumption increases significantly, or you notice that it takes longer to cool the interior, go to a specialist First Stop centre, to get the system checked.
IS IT SUITABLE TO USE THE CAR'S AIR-CONDITIONING IN WINTER?
It is a good idea to use the air-conditioning in the winter, to clear the windscreens quickly. Also turning it on regularly extends the life of the system.
WHY SHOULD I RECHARGE MY CAR’S AIR-CONDITIONING
- It helps to improve your driving experience
- Avoids tiredness and slower reflexes during your journey
- Stops the build up of bacteria in your air vents which causes sickness and nausea in your car
- Provides cool air when the ouside temperature is hot
- It is recommended by your car manufacturer to have your Air-Con recharged every two years
- Maintains good visibility in adverse weather conditions
FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY, IT WOULD BE GOOD TO ADD
WHY DOES IT SMELL BAD WHEN I TURN ON THE AIR-CONDITIONING?
This usually happens when we are not using it properly. It is best to turn it on 5 minutes before starting the vehicle, and leave the fan running. This will prevent moisture building up in the circuit, which encourages the development of fungus, bacteria and unpleasant smells.